- Automated: Also known as "frictionless", Shipping Rates for Scheduled Orders will automatically recalculate and automatically apply each time a Scheduled Order is created or updated. This automation removes the "friction" from Shipping Rates so that customers always receive the best Shipping Rate possible - even when making a change to an upcoming Scheduled Order!
- Matched to Specific Scheduled Order Conditions: Merchants can create different conditions for each Shipping Rate that must be matched by a Scheduled Order in order to be applied. When a Shipping Rate matches the conditions of a Scheduled Order, this is called an "Available" Shipping Rate for the Scheduled Order. Many different conditions are possible, and the most common conditions are:
- Shipping Address
- Product Shipping Class
- Minimum Subtotal
- Minimum Item Quantity
- Minimum Cycles
- Optimized for Lowest Cost: Deliver a great customer experience and always apply the lowest cost Shipping Rate to Scheduled Orders - automatically! When more than 1 Shipping Rate matches with a Scheduled Order (in other words, more than 1 Shipping Rate is Available), the lowest cost Shipping Rate will be applied. The Shipping Rate that both matches the Scheduled Order and is the lowest cost is displayed as the "Default" Shipping Rate.
This means that the Shipping Rates you create (in QPilot Merchant Center > Dashboard > Shipping Rates) apply to Scheduled Orders and are completely independent of your connected site's shipping rates (if any exist) that apply to an Order in the cart/checkout.
For example, many stores will offer a "Free Shipping" Flat Rate or "Low Cost" Flat Rate exclusively to their QPilot Customers in order to incentivize their loyalty and recurring orders with QPilot. A Shipping Rate for Scheduled Orders is only applied to your QPilot Customer's Scheduled Orders, so it will not affect any of the shipping rates offered at cart/checkout.
A Shipping Rate is automatically applied to a Scheduled Order when it matches a cascading set of rules that are defined on the Shipping Rate.
- A Shipping Rate is validated by matching Scheduled Order and Product(s) data
Each Shipping Rate is configured with rules that are validated to match a Scheduled Order’s data like Minimum Cycles and Minimum Subtotal, as well as Product data like Quantity, Weight, and Shipping Classes.
- A Shipping Rate is validated by matching the Shipping Address of the Scheduled Order
Each Shipping Rate is validated to match a Scheduled Order’s Shipping Address by searching for a match for country, state, city and post code combination.
- Matching Shipping Rates are filtered by following an order of "specificity" to see if they are available and can be applied to a Scheduled Order
This means that the more specific a Shipping Rate's rules are (for Address, Product Shipping Class, Product Dimensions, Minimum Subtotal, etc.), then it will be considered an "Available" Shipping Rate and will be selected over other less specific matching Shipping Rate/s.
- First, a match is searched for the country, state, city, street address, and postcode combination (Shipping Rates which have country, state, city, street address, and postcode defined)
- If none is found, a match is searched for the country, state, city, and postcode combination (Shipping Rates which have only country, state, city, and postcode defined)
- If none is found, a match is searched for the country, state, and city combination (Shipping Rates which have only country, state, and city defined)
- If none is found, a match is searched for country and state combination (Shipping Rates which have only country and state-defined)
- If none is found, a match is searched for country and postcode combination (Shipping Rates which have only country and postcode defined)
- If none is found, a match is searched for the country (Shipping Rates which have only country defined)
When all available Shipping Rates have been determined for a Scheduled Order, the Shipping Rate that is the lowest cost will be labeled as "Default" and automatically applied to the Scheduled Order.
When more than 1 Shipping Rate can be applied to a Scheduled Order, they are displayed within a dropdown of Available Shipping Rates with their cost indicated within the parenthesis.
If no valid Shipping Rates are available for the Scheduled Order, the Scheduled Order fails for a processing error #1002.
Updated 7 months ago