A source must be attached to a customer to be used as a
payment_method. A "source" not being found for a customer in Stripe means there is no payment information for the customer in the Scheduled Order.
- The payment method was added to the Scheduled Order without a value for the Gateway CustomerId or GatewayPaymentId.
- Search for the customer within your Stripe Payment Gateway to confirm that this customer's payment profile can or cannot be found.
- If a saved payment profile can be found in Stripe, you can edit the Scheduled Order and create a new payment method for them by copying their billing information into their Scheduled Order.
- See this doc: Loading Payments from Your Gateway for detailed steps on how to do this.
- If a new payment profile cannot be found, you will need to request that your customer add a new payment to their Scheduled Order. Customers can add new saved payment methods by logging into their account via My Account > Payment Methods.
- Autoship Cloud will prompt the Customer to apply the newly added payment method to their existing Scheduled Orders (this will ensure the token created for the payment method has the current Billing Address attached).
Note: Payment methods saved by the customer in the connected site can be reviewed within the WordPress Admin (WP-Admin > Users). Updating your User in WordPress will automatically update the customer's information that is synchronized in Autoship Cloud (WP-Admin > Autoship Cloud > Customers).
If you are adding a new payment method for your Customer directly to your payment gateway (manually), ensure that you edit the failed Scheduled Order, add a new payment method, and copy the required billing information from your payment gateway directly to their Scheduled Order including:
- Gateway CustomerId
- Gateway PaymentId
- Billing Address
- Payment Method Description (optional, but strongly suggested because it is used to display the payment method to your customer)
Once this issue is resolved, you should use the action to Restart Processing the Failed Scheduled Order.
Updated about 1 year ago