A "linked source" not being found for a Customer means that Stripe cannot find a saved payment method for the Customer to charge the payment to.
- The CustomerID or PaymentID has been changed or deleted in Stripe
- The Customer has removed the payment method that was originally selected for this Scheduled Order and it no longer exists in Stripe
- Search for the Customer in your Stripe Gateway and confirm that this Customer's billing profile can or cannot be found and that a payment method is available for their customer profile.
- If a new payment profile can be found, you can edit the Scheduled Order and create a new payment method for this Scheduled Order by copying the Customer's billing information into their Scheduled Order. (See "Adding A New Payment Method for Your Customer?" below).
- You can also contact the customer to have them add a new payment method and add it to their Scheduled Order in My Account > Payment Methods.
- The Autoship Cloud plugin will alert them to apply the new payment method to their Scheduled Order(s), so they can choose to re-activate their failed Scheduled Order(s) using their new payment method.
If you are adding a new payment method for your Customer directly to your payment gateway (manually), ensure that you edit the failed Scheduled Order, add a new payment method, and copy the required billing information from your payment gateway directly to their Scheduled Order including:
- Gateway CustomerId
- Gateway PaymentId
- Billing Address
- Payment Method Description (optional, but strongly suggested because it is used to display the payment method to your customer)
Once this issue is resolved, you should use the action to Restart Processing the Failed Scheduled Order.
Updated 4 days ago