Merchants can create and manage Shipping Rates in their connected QPilot Site (QPilot Merchant Center > Dashboard >> Site Settings >> Shipping Rates).
- From within the QPilot Merchant Center open your site dashboard and select Site Settings >> Shipping Rates >> Create new (blue + icon).
a. To create a Carrier Rate, first please ensure that you have already followed our 3 Step Guide to USPS Shipping Carrier Integration.
- Enter a name for the Shipping Rate
- In the "Shipping Address" section, select a Country for the Shipping Rate to match.
- In the "Enabled Shipping Methods" section, select a rate (such as Flat Rate) as the Shipping Type
- In the "Shipping Pricing" section, enter a Base Price for the Shipping Rate
a. To offer a Flat Rate cost of $4.95, enter "4.95"
b. To offer free shipping, enter "0"
- Your site's default currency will apply to the cost
- At the bottom of the page, select "CREATE"
- Your new Shipping Rate will now be displayed on the Shipping Rates page!
Yes! Exporting your shipping rates from your site can be formatted to conform with required fields for shipping rates in QPilot (see QPilot's Shipping Rate Fields). Importing your shipping rates can be done in a few easy steps:
- Export your existing rates from QPilot
- Format you rates to be imported to match QPilot's formatting
- Import your rates to QPilot
In the example below you see the shipping rate export from QPilot with the rates exported from the site copied in. See how the "location_code" & "rate"corresponds to the "State" and "Base Price" columns and in the QPilot export?
In the recording the user formats the values in the "location_code" column to the state code then pastes the values from the it and the "rates" column into the "State" and "Base Price" columns. The user then copies the "zone_id" into the "Name" column to be used to identify the rates easier.
Once the correct values have been copied, the user updates the values copied from the "zone_id" by adding "Zone" before the number (optional, but a better user experience). Since the user is importing flat rates they do not need to add anything else (QPilot by default imports rates as flat rates).
The user then imports the shipping rates to QPilot. See how the Id and Shipping Carrier values have been filled automatically by QPilot?
- Id : Shipping rates imported to QPilot without a value in the "Id" column will be imported as new. If a shipping rate in the import has an Id, then it will find and update the existing rate when imported.
- Postcode : If Multiple postal codes are used for a single rate their values must be separated by a bar "|" and with no blank spaces
When making changes to a Scheduled Order's shipping address or products, the available Shipping Rates can be refreshed & updated by selecting the "Refresh" button next to the Shipping Rates field.
Follow these steps to refresh & update the available Shipping Rates for a Scheduled Order:
- Edit a Scheduled Order
- Select the "Refresh" button next to the Shipping Rates for the Scheduled Order
- All available Shipping Rates will appear with the "Default" rate automatically labeled and applied
When the "Default" Shipping Rate is not the preferred available Shipping Rate, Merchants can override the "Default" Shipping Rate by selecting another Shipping Rate that is available to the Scheduled Order.
To override the "Default" Shipping Rate with another available Shipping Rate:
- Edit a Scheduled Order
- Go to the "Shipping Rate" Section
a. The total number of available Shipping Rates are displayed in parenthesis "()"
- Select the "Refresh" button next to the Shipping Rate, to update the available Shipping Rates for the Scheduled Order
- Select a different Shipping Rate to apply to the Scheduled Order
a. The cost for each available Shipping Rate is displayed in parenthesis () after each Shipping Rate's name
- Confirm your change by selecting "UPDATE"
- When reviewing a Scheduled Order from the Scheduled Orders page, the new Shipping Rate name will appear within the "Shipping Method" column for the Scheduled Order
Important: Only other available Shipping Rates can be selected when editing a Scheduled Order. Shipping Rates with the same level of specificity are considered "available" shipping rates.
Updated 11 days ago