Braintree declined this transaction due to an issue with the token values used for the customer's saved payment method.
Braintree responded with 2 error codes: 91518 and 91516
- Braintree error code 91518 means that a payment method token is not found in your Braintree Vault.
- Braintree error code 91516 means the payment method token specified does not belong to the customer. Both the Customer ID and a Payment Method Token must belong to a customer when processing Braintree payments
An issue with the "payment_method_token" and "customer_id" usually means one of the following:
- The Gateway PaymentId is incorrect or has been changed in the Gateway
- The payment token sent to Braintree does not match the payment token for the Customer's billing profile in your Braintree Vault
Search for the customer in the Braintree Vault to confirm that this Customer's billing profile can or cannot be found.
- If a new payment profile can be found, you can edit the Scheduled Order and create a new payment method for this Scheduled Order by copying the Customer's billing information into their Scheduled Order (see "Adding A New Payment Method for Your Customer?" below).
If a new payment method is needed, contact the customer to have them add a new payment method and add it to their Scheduled Order.
You may also choose to add a new payment method for your customer, see "Adding a New Payment Method for Your Customer" below.
Once a new payment method is added to the Scheduled Order, the Scheduled Order should be processed with the new payment method.
If you are adding a new payment method for your customer directly to your payment gateway (manually), ensure that you edit the failed Scheduled Order, add a new payment method, and copy the required billing information from your payment gateway directly to their Scheduled Order including:
- Gateway CustomerId
- Gateway PaymentId
- Billing Address
- Payment Method Description (optional, but strongly suggested because it is used to display the payment method to your customer)
Once this issue is resolved, you should use the action to Continue Processing the Failed Scheduled Order.
Updated about 1 year ago