- A Braintree Merchant Account
- API Keys
- Merchant ID
- Public Key
- Private Key
- Tokenization - This gateway must tokenize payments in a way that allows QPilot to create future orders
- Digital Wallet / Express Checkout (Apple / Google Pay)
- Gateway CustomerId
- Gateway PaymentId
- Billing Address
- Payment Method Description (optional, but strongly suggested because it is used to display the payment method to your customer)
Navigate to QPilot Merchant Center > Dashboard > Payment Integrations. Once there, select the "Add" button (blue circle with the "+" sign in it) to add a new payment integration.
Select the "Payment Method Type" dropdown and then select "Braintree". To add Sandbox settings, make sure that "Test Mode" is enabled. From here, you will need to add the required API keys.
When you're done, select "CREATE".
You should now see a new Braintree payment integration in your Payment Integrations list!
Ready to go live with a Braintree?
In order to enable live payments (and disable 'Test Mode') please ensure you have activated your QPilot account with a subscription plan.
Then make sure a "Production" environment is selected for your site in QPilot Merchant Center > Edit (site) > General Settings.
Simply login to your Braintree Control Panel > Settings > API >> API Keys and select "View" in the "Private Key" column of the keys you want to view. Once the Client Library Key page loads, displayed are the Public Key, Private Key, and Merchant Id to copy to your QPilot integration.
See Braintree's documentation for more details
In cases where a customer wants you to enter their payment information manually using Braintree, and have that payment method saved for QPilot, merchants can add a new customer profile to their Braintree directly and then create or edit a Scheduled Order with the payment data added to Braintree.
- Login to your Braintree dashboard and go to your Vault page
- Within the Vault page under the "Customer Create" heading, select "+ New Customer" (at the top)
- Fill out the customer's user, billing, and payment method information:
- Email: Customer's email
- Billing Address
- Card Number
- Exp Date
- After entering all the customer and payment method details, select "Create Customer" at the bottom of the page
- Your new customer should now be added to your Vault
QPilot is integrated directly with your Braintree gateway, this means you can add payments directly to QPilot so long as they exist in the gateway.
- Migrating from another platform
- Customer / payment method exists in the Braintree, but not on site
You will first go to the QPilot Merchant Center > Dashboard > Scheduled Orders > "View/Edit" under the Payment Details section.
Merchants can manually add a payment method to QPilot by editing a Scheduled Order and selecting "Create New" under the Payment Method field.
- Go to "Payment Method" field and select "Create New"
- Copy the Customer Id from your Braintree to the Gateway Customer Id
- Copy the Token from your Braintree customer's profile to the Gateway Payment Id
- Add the Payment Method Description (For Example: "Visa ending in 1111 Expires 01/25")
- Scheduled Order Billing Address => copied from the Braintree Customer Profile
- Update the Scheduled Order
Pro-Tip: If you need to process the Scheduled Order right away, select the action for Restart Processing or Process Now. Otherwise, update the Next Occurrence Date and set the Scheduled Order to an "Active" status.
In the recording below, an Admin manually adds an Braintree payment method to a Scheduled Order by copying the Customer Id, Payment Token, & Payment Method Description from their Braintree dashboard.
Visit QPilot Merchant Center > Dashboard > Scheduled Orders > "View/Edit" then locate the "Payment Method" option.
- In the "Load Methods from Gateway" tab select "Braintree - Load Manually"
- Enter in the Gateway CustomerId and select "Load Profile"
- Select the payment method to apply.
- Select "Update"
Updated 2 months ago